Health & Safety Information
Jesmonite is non toxic and safe to use, but has some important safety considerations that you must abide by whenever you're working with the material.
- When mixed with liquids, the material hardens and becomes very hot quickly.
- DO NOT attempt to make a cast enclosing any part of the body using any Jesmonite material. Failure to follow this instruction can cause severe burns that may require surgical removal of affected tissue or amputation.
- Avoid eye contact, rinse with water and seek medical advice.
- Avoid prolonged contact with skin to avoid irritation for sensitive skin, rinse with water.
- Avoid inhaling dust to avoid respiratory irritation, ventilate area and move to fresh air.
- Avoid ingestion - wash mouth and drink water.
- Wear suitable clothing and personal protective equipment such as gloves, eye protection, and dust mask.
Material Safety Data Sheets are available upon request.
AC100 Starter Kit